Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Acceptance Quotes

“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” 
― Laozi


“I am my own biggest critic. Before anyone else has criticized me, I have already criticized myself. But for the rest of my life, I am going to be with me and I don't want to spend my life with someone who is always critical. So I am going to stop being my own critic. It's high time that I accept all the great things about me.” 
 C. JoyBell C.

“Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.” 
 Mitch AlbomThe Five People You Meet in Heaven


“My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.” 
― Michael J. Fox

“My hands tend to be full enough dealing with people who hate me for who I am. Concentrate too hard on the millions of people who hate you for what you are and you're likely to turn into one of those unkempt, sloppy dressers who sag beneath the weight of the two hundred political buttons they wear pinned to their coats and knapsacks.” 
― David Sedaris

“The first step to the knowledge of the wonder and mystery of life is the recognition of the monstrous nature of the earthly human realm as well as its glory, the realization that this is just how it is and that it cannot and will not be changed. Those who think they know how the universe could have been had they created it, without pain, without sorrow, without time, without death, are unfit for illumination.” 
― Joseph Campbell

“I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.” 
― Bob Dylan

“Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you've lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that's good.” 
 Elizabeth Edwards

“Know that everything is in perfect order whether you understand it or not.” 
― Guy Finley

If we rail and kick against it and grow bitter, we won't change the inevitable; but we will change ourselves.  I know.  I have tried it.  I once refused to accept an inevitable situation with which I was confronted.  I played the fool and railed
against it, and rebelled.  I turned my nights into hells of insomnia.  I brought upon myself everything I didn't want.  Finally, after a year of self-torture, I had to accept what I knew from the outset I couldn't possible alter.

Dale Carnegie


Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly.  Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate, or despise, serves to defeat us in the end.  What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind.  Every moment is a golden one for those who have the vision to recognize it as such.

Henry Miller


Acceptance of one’s life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle. On the contrary, it means accepting it as it comes, with all the handicaps of heredity, of suffering, of psychological complexes and injustices. 
– Paul Tournier

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
 – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
 – Melody Beattie




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Unfiltered Identity: Embracing Authenticity in the Age of Social Media"

"In a world full of filters and facade, be your authentic self" emphasizes the importance of authenticity in a society...