Friday, April 11, 2014

Freedom Quotes



For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.

Nelson Mandela

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Robert A. Heinlein


We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love and belonging, power, freedom, and fun.
William Glasser

“Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”

 Mahatma Gandhi

“When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.”

 Nelson Mandela

“It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me, unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I’ve been in business without being a businesswoman, I’ve loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I’ve loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I’ve done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.”
 Coco Chanel

“Now that she had nothing to lose, she was free.”

 Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do what you can, with all you have, wherever you are.

  "Do what you can, with all you have, wherever you are" -THEODORE ROOSEVELT